We are super excited to see you all in a few weeks! In the meantime, we wanted to share some information for our new and returning CMS orchestra members:
- Please visit the calendar page to see the events we currently have scheduled for the year. The NRH2O event dates may change, and we will make those changes known as soon as the calendar is finalized.
- Each student in Philharmonic, Sinfonietta, and Honors will need a method book for use in class. Dallas Strings has these in stock, and Amazon may have them as well, but be careful when ordering online – be sure to read the description and order for the correct instrument.
- Philharmonic: Essential Elements Book 2 for your instrument.
- Sinfonietta: String Basics Book 2 for your instrument.
- Honors: Muller-Rusch Book 3 for your instrument.
Also, be sure that your student has their next level Suzuki book for their instrument (EXCEPT BASS!)
Students in BEGINNER ORCHESTRA need to be sure their instrument rental is secured through Dallas Strings as soon as possible. Dallas Strings is able to deliver both the instrument and supply kit to Cockrill, provided you order it soon. Please click this link to visit their website to set up your rental. If you did not come to our instrument selection nights and did not get sized, go ahead and order a 3/4 size violin and we will have the correct size swapped out if it turns out that 3/4 is incorrect.
See you soon! Please email either of us if you have any questions!