Please take a moment and forward this link to your friends and family who would be willing to help raise funds for our orchestra program. We get 40% of all online sales, so please be sure our fundraiser id # 241198 is showing while you are shopping. Thank you!
Ms. Brown and Mr. Powelson
Hi Cockrill Orchestra Friends and Family!
Help us raise funds for a great cause. Every order counts and I’m hoping you can take a moment to shop online & support our orchestra program.
It’s easy to support us! Just shop the Mixed Bag Designs Website here Please make sureour ID# 241198 and seller name is entered at the top right corner. Please send me theorder number you will get after placing the online order so I can make sure it links to my account.
We’re looking forward to tonight’s fall concert! Performers need to arrive at 6:15 and follow signs to the Band Hall for uncasing and tuning.
The auditorium doors will open at 6:20 pm. In the lobby, we’ll have some samples set up for our upcoming fundraiser. Parents, be sure to stop by and check them out while you wait for the concert to begin at 7pm. Fundraising sales packets will go home with everyone tomorrow.
Tonight’s performance is being professionally recorded, so once you get in the auditorium, please put away cell phones, iPads, and other lightmaking/noisemaking devices. Every group on stage has worked hard to deserve our full undivided attention tonight!🙂
In case you didn’t get the flyer from your student, information about our upcoming CMS fine arts Six Flags trip went home yesterday. It will be Saturday, 10/22 and the cost is $40. Please ask your student for the bright yellow flyer. Money is due no later than 10/14. Cash, checks (to MOBC) or PayPal accepted. To pay with Paypal…
- Go to www.paypal.comand select Send Money.
2. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org the email recipient of your payment.
3. Enter the amount you are paying.
4. In the “Notes (optional)” section, you MUST enter the following to receive credit for your payment:
CMS; Student’s first and last name; Payment is for ________________
5. Select “Goods and Services”
6. Click “Send”
See you at 6:30! Be sure your students have their home music stand when they arrive. The show will begin promptly at 7PM.
Violins and violas will uncase and tune in the orchestra room. Cellos and basses will uncase and tune in the “no drama” room.
The beginner Informance is coming up next Tuesday, 9/27 at 7PM. Students need to be back at Cockrill at 6:30 for setup and tuning. Students may not stay after school, as we will not be on campus until later in the evening. Students will need the following supplies for the performance:
- Instrument (home cellos and basses need to be brought)
- Music stand from home
- Orchestra binder, with whatever supplies you need to play your instrument including shoulder rests for violins/violas and rock stops for cellos/basses
- Wear your orchestra t-shirt, jeans, and comfortable shoes. No shorts, please.
Please be sure to have your students at Cockrill no later than 6:30. Students arriving after the informance has started may not be allowed to perform. This is a summative grade, so attendance is mandatory. See you then!!
Thursday is our first Movie Party of the year!
- CMS Orchestra Room
- After School until 5:30 pm
- Bring your own drink with a lid, and a snack to share (bag of chips, cookies, etc.)
- You may also bring a pillow or blanket for lounging. (Leave it with us before school.)
- Parents please pick up promptly at 5:30 pm.
Movie Parties are always FREE and the movie selection is always a surprise, but we keep it kid friendly & age appropriate.
Hope to see you there!
If you have not updated your personal information in CHARMS yet this year, you have missed out on several important emails from us! Please take a moment to fix this today.
- Go to http://www.charmsoffice.com
- Click “login”
- Click “parents/students/members”
- Enter school code “CockrillMSOrch” (or click the “need school code?” button)
- Enter student area password (Your child’s six digit MISD ID#)
- It will make you change the password. (change it to something easy to remember!)
- Click on the blue “Update Info” icon.
- Enter all info you can & hit green “update” button.
- Click blue “Add New Adult” button.
- Enter parent info & hit “update” button.
- Repeat as necessary!
Be very careful to enter email addresses PRECISELY- one typo means you don’t get our weekly email updates and other important information!
Thanks for helping us keep you in the loop!
Don’t forget….this Friday, 9/9 all the orchestra forms and fees are due. If your child already turned them in, AWESOME!!!
Everyone who turns in their forms and fees will get their T-shirts on Friday as well. We wore our shirts to show them off last weeks and the students are super excited about them, as are we.
Also, we have our annual trip to Amazing Jake’s coming on 9/16. Money for that event is due by Monday, 9/12. Please make all checks for orchestra payable to McKinney Orchestra Booster Club, or MOBC for short.
Welcome back to school! We had an awesome first day yesterday. The 7th/8th grade classes were awesome, and it was so much fun giving the beginners their first lesson. We can’t wait to see what they will be able to do this year.
We are having mandatory parent meetings this week to go over our handbook, policies, and other administrative duties. You can take your pick of Wednesday, August 24th or Thursday, August 25th at 6PM in the CMS library. The handbook is posted under the “handbook and forms” tab of this website.
Questions? Feel free to email us. See you tomorrow!
Ms. Brown and Mr. Powelson
The halls are quiet here at Cockrill! We are finishing out our work before leaving, but we wanted to thank everyone for the notes and gifts that were sent this week. We will miss the graduating 8th graders!
Be sure to keep an eye on the website, as we will announce next year’s materials at some point during the summer.
See you soon!