See you at 6:30! Be sure your students have their home music stand when they arrive. The show will begin promptly at 7PM.
Violins and violas will uncase and tune in the orchestra room. Cellos and basses will uncase and tune in the “no drama” room.
The beginner Informance is coming up next Tuesday, 9/27 at 7PM. Students need to be back at Cockrill at 6:30 for setup and tuning. Students may not stay after school, as we will not be on campus until later in the evening. Students will need the following supplies for the performance:
- Instrument (home cellos and basses need to be brought)
- Music stand from home
- Orchestra binder, with whatever supplies you need to play your instrument including shoulder rests for violins/violas and rock stops for cellos/basses
- Wear your orchestra t-shirt, jeans, and comfortable shoes. No shorts, please.
Please be sure to have your students at Cockrill no later than 6:30. Students arriving after the informance has started may not be allowed to perform. This is a summative grade, so attendance is mandatory. See you then!!
Thursday is our first Movie Party of the year!
- CMS Orchestra Room
- After School until 5:30 pm
- Bring your own drink with a lid, and a snack to share (bag of chips, cookies, etc.)
- You may also bring a pillow or blanket for lounging. (Leave it with us before school.)
- Parents please pick up promptly at 5:30 pm.
Movie Parties are always FREE and the movie selection is always a surprise, but we keep it kid friendly & age appropriate.
Hope to see you there!
If you have not updated your personal information in CHARMS yet this year, you have missed out on several important emails from us! Please take a moment to fix this today.
- Go to http://www.charmsoffice.com
- Click “login”
- Click “parents/students/members”
- Enter school code “CockrillMSOrch” (or click the “need school code?” button)
- Enter student area password (Your child’s six digit MISD ID#)
- It will make you change the password. (change it to something easy to remember!)
- Click on the blue “Update Info” icon.
- Enter all info you can & hit green “update” button.
- Click blue “Add New Adult” button.
- Enter parent info & hit “update” button.
- Repeat as necessary!
Be very careful to enter email addresses PRECISELY- one typo means you don’t get our weekly email updates and other important information!
Thanks for helping us keep you in the loop!
Don’t forget….this Friday, 9/9 all the orchestra forms and fees are due. If your child already turned them in, AWESOME!!!
Everyone who turns in their forms and fees will get their T-shirts on Friday as well. We wore our shirts to show them off last weeks and the students are super excited about them, as are we.
Also, we have our annual trip to Amazing Jake’s coming on 9/16. Money for that event is due by Monday, 9/12. Please make all checks for orchestra payable to McKinney Orchestra Booster Club, or MOBC for short.
Welcome back to school! We had an awesome first day yesterday. The 7th/8th grade classes were awesome, and it was so much fun giving the beginners their first lesson. We can’t wait to see what they will be able to do this year.
We are having mandatory parent meetings this week to go over our handbook, policies, and other administrative duties. You can take your pick of Wednesday, August 24th or Thursday, August 25th at 6PM in the CMS library. The handbook is posted under the “handbook and forms” tab of this website.
Questions? Feel free to email us. See you tomorrow!
Ms. Brown and Mr. Powelson
The halls are quiet here at Cockrill! We are finishing out our work before leaving, but we wanted to thank everyone for the notes and gifts that were sent this week. We will miss the graduating 8th graders!
Be sure to keep an eye on the website, as we will announce next year’s materials at some point during the summer.
See you soon!
Everyone please remember to bring the AWARD that you created for the name you drew in class. Instruments will NOT be needed in class tomorrow.
If you have borrowed any school-owned equipment, be sure to return it tomorrow. (Instruments, tuners, books, etc.)
Tomorrow will be a fun day of giving & receiving awards, taking our final class pictures of the year, and remembering all the great times this year brought us!
If you’re going to Hawaiian Falls, be sure to come down to the orchestra room as soon as school gets out this afternoon.
If the weather is an issue and the trip is cancelled, you will receive your ticket and you can use it anytime during the 2016 season! If there is a cancellation we will send an email through CHARMS and also post about it on here.
See you this afternoon! As of this morning, the trip is still planned for today.